RINGETTE WEEK 5: AUGUST 23-26
Please Register in your 2021-22 Division
Active Start (U16/15) (2014/13) | U12 (2011/10 | U14 (2009/08) | U16 (2007/2006) | U19 (2005/2004/2003)
Mon Aug 23 - Thurs Aug 26
RINGETTE MAIN CAMP
Location: Indus Recreation
Lead Instructors: Jennica Murray & Terese Mazurkewich, U19AA Junior Instructors TBD
U14A/AA: 600-700pm On-Ice (Register via the AA Prep GamePlay Link below) U12/14:
600-700pm Dryland/715-815pm On-Ice
U16/19: 715-815pm Dryland/830-930pm On-Ice
Main Camp w/Dryland Conditioning
This camp is composed of a 4 day curriculum designed to exposed players to a number of the association universal assessments in preparation for the upcoming tryouts. The camp will run at an extremely high level of intensity pushing the skater well beyond their comfort zone via timing, conditioning and Small Area Games forcing players to read and react to situations and develop thinking skills in a competitive environment.
Dryland w/Calgary Speed School: Players will participate in Off-ice Skating Specific Conditioning and Training. The focus of the dryland will be: skating specific fundamental training; flexibility, strength and conditioning, endurance training, explosive power training; quick feet/acceleration; age appropriate plyometric activities followed by Yoga and stretching emphasis to reduce strains and prevent injury
Mon Aug 23 - Thurs Aug 26
RINGETTE AA PREP/GAMEPLAY CAMP
Location: Southland (JK)
Lead Instructors: Lauren Chown & Rachel Ung, U19AA Junior Instructors TBD U14A/AA:
600-700pm On-Ice (**Location: INDUS REC**)
The Hurricane AA Ringette "GamePlay" program
will run at an extremely high level of intensity pushing each player beyond their comfort zone. Ice sessions will follow a progression of individual skill: tactical skating, edges/agility, battle, engagement, and compete levels of game play through small area games and 5on5 "controlled" games. The main focus of the program will be on the development of each player's individual skill sets but also the application of skills through small area games and full-ice 5on5 games. But most importantly, the players will have an awesome/fun experience playing with and against old friends and new friends alike.
Please read the following important details regarding the specific camp for which you have registered your son/daughter:
- Check in time is 30 minutes prior to first skate for registration.
- Players will receive a practice jersey (if they are registered in multiple camps through August, they will receive only one jersey, so please do not misplace or forget the jersey for future camps).
- Full equipment is mandatory. Player's will not be able to participate without proper equipment - no exceptions.
- NeckGuards are Mandatory - players without one will be removed from the ice.
- Mouthguard's are recommended, but optional
- Please have skates sharpened.
- Clearly mark your FIRST NAME on both the FRONT AND BACK of your helmet. This is very crucial so that the instructors can address your player by name.
- Water bottles are the responsibility of the participant and are highly recommended.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen property while attending the camp. Please keep an eye on your property and leave all valuables at home.
- It is the parents/child's responsibility to ensure skates are tied.
- If participating in a 1/2 day camp, no lunch or snacks are provided for skaters, please ensure you send snacks/lunch with your child each day.
- We would appreciate having players dressed and ready to go 5min prior to each ice session (skates tied and fully dressed with helmet on).
During the week your player(s) will be experiencing instruction from our staff and in return we ask for participation and effort from all players. Please be respectful and courteous to all the instructors, fellow students, arena staff, parents and family that will be in attendance all week.
If you have any questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Hurricane Hockey Club, Hurricane Academy, Hurricane Powerskating, and Hurricane Ringette carries full accident/liability insurance for its players and coaches during on-ice/off-ice skills/conditioning, practices, games and tournaments.
Flexible Payment Options We understand the cost of sport and would hate for that to get in the way, so feel free to contact us about flexible payment options. All payments are accepted through FrontOfficeHockey (Secure Credit Card. Additional fees apply)
Covid-19 Protocols/Policies We will have a rigorous Covid Policy, guidelines, and procedures in place that will be in line with the most recent AHS Guidelines, City of Calgary Protocols/Policies, Arena Protocols/Policies, and Government of Alberta Protocols/Policies. We will present these prior to the Spring based on the most up to date information we have.
COVID-19 Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Cancellation Policy If any Hurricane Hockey/Ringette camps are cancelled due to Covid-19 and/or arena closures that are out of our control, a refund will be applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days, minus a 10% admin fee to cover operating costs/third party online processing fees to date (FrontOffice Hockey/Stripe.com processing fees).
Participant Initiated SPRING Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until January 31st, 2021. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after January 31, 2021 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.
Participant Initiated SUMMER Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until May 31st, 2021. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after May 31st, 2021 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.