JULY: HIGH PERFORMANCE SKILLS CAMP
Join our High Level Instructors through the month of July for a High Performcane Skills Camp for DEFENCE designed for players who aspire to develop a well-rounded game.
July 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
Great Plains Rec
11:45-12:45 2007, 2008, strong 2009
$480 (plus GST)
*$120 INDIVIDUAL WEEKEND PRICING AVAILABLE FOR DEFENCE/FORWARDS
$240 (plus GST)
2 Goalie (no goalie instruction)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER A FORWARD
The first part of each session the forwards and defensemen will be divided into two groups to focus on their own individual skill that is specific to their position. We will emphasize on skating, agility, speed, shooting, stick handling, passing, dekeing, scoring and many more unique hockey skills. We will then combine the Forwards with Defensemen to work on all game situation drills. It also give the players a chance to execute there individual skills in all game situations. The players will be working on 1on1, 2on1, 2on2 battle drills, point shots, tips, small area games, and other drills to help create a well rounded hockey player.
DEFENDERS CAMP DESCRIPTION The modern era defenceman is a hybrid at his position and offers sound defensive qualities along with the ability to add offensive capabilities to his repertoire. Elite D-men regularly make a crisp "first pass", carry the puck out of the zone, jump into the play, and contribute in the offensive without sacrificing defence. This camp will focus on the skill sets that will separate you from the others and help grow player confidence and positional awareness. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Defensive Positioning
- 1 on 1 Development
- Crisp First Pass
- Corner Battles and Containment
- Elite puck Control
- Defensive Zone Awareness
- Gap Control
- Skill Development using your Net
- Neutral Zone Transition
- Hockey Specific Powerskating with a strong focus on:
- Lateral Mobility
- Backwards crosscuts
- Pivot Fluidity
- Lateral mobility
- Agility development
- Elusive moves
There will be no Refunds or Transfers fo Summer Programming.
Designed for players who aspire to develop a well-rounded game. This program is based on the requirements to play defense and offense in the modern up-tempo game including: strong skating skills, game understanding and awareness, quick transition skills, and the ability to play both defense and offense.
Please read the following important details regarding the specific camp for which you have registered your son/daughter:
- Check in time is 30 minutes prior to first skate for registration.
- Full equipment is mandatory. Player's will not be able to participate without proper equipment - no exceptions.
- NeckGuards are Mandatory - players without one will be removed from the ice.
- Mouthguard's are recommended, but optional
- Please have skates sharpened.
- Water bottles are the responsibility of the participant and are highly recommended.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen property while attending the camp. Please keep an eye on your property and leave all valuables at home.
- If participating in a 1/2 day camp, no lunch or snacks are provided for skaters, please ensure you send snacks/lunch with your child each day.
- We would appreciate having players dressed and ready to go 5min prior to each ice session (skates tied and fully dressed with helmet on).
During the week your player(s) will be experiencing instruction from our staff and in return we ask for participation and effort from all players. Please be respectful and courteous to all the instructors, fellow students, arena staff, parents and family that will be in attendance all week.
If you have any questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance All programs are fully insured (accident/liability)
Flexible Payment Options We understand the cost of sport and would hate for that to get in the way, so feel free to contact us about flexible payment options. All payments are accepted through FrontOfficeHockey (Secure Credit Card. Additional may fees apply)
Cancellation Policy We understand that injuries, conflicts, and changes of plans occur. Cancellations must be received in writing (e-mail email@example.com) and confirmed by Hurricane Powerskating by 60 days prior to the start of the registered camp (minus a $60 admin fee). PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO REFUNDS or CREDITS given to cancellations after 60 days prior to the start of the registered camp.