HOCKEY WEEK 4: AUGUST 16-19
Please Register in your 2021-22 Division
U7 (2015/16) | U9 (2013/14) | U11 (2011/12) | U13 (2009/10) | U15 (2007/08)
We will ability group where necessary to ensure cohesive groupings and competition
Mon Aug 16 - Wed Aug 18 & Fri Aug 20
POWERSKATE AND SUPERSKILLS
Location: Southland (JK)
415-515pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (*Southland (JK)
530-630pm Friday (*SetonYMCA)
This is an individualized program that will push the skater well beyond their comfort zone. Highlights of the camp will include:
This is not a learn to skate program.
tactical skating techniques (lateral mobility, speed and acceleration, enhance edge work, develop quickness, pivots, balance, and agility with and without the puck/ring), fakes and explosive moves, reactive training, quick hands, stickhandling zones, and puck control & protection. The main focus of the program will be on the development of each player's individual skill sets and abilities.
Mon Aug 16 - Thurs Aug 19
BATTLE AND COMPETE CAMP W/DEAN SEYMOUR & MICKI DUPONT
Location: Southland (JK)
Battle and Contact Camp:
U11/U13 Battle and Compete component - U15 will have teach Contact Confidence component
Increase your body contact confidence and develop the instinct to compete and win more puck battles in every zone on the ice., Learn proper techniques of hockey checking, Body contact confidence, Weight transfer when delivering body checks, Body positioning skills to absorb body contact, Proper angling patterns to force the offense to the boards, Stick positioning to deliver clean checks and recover pucks, Understanding playing safely while playing aggressively.
Please read the following important details regarding the specific camp for which you have registered your son/daughter:
- If your player is experiencing Covid-like symptoms, please do not bring them to the skate and seek medical advice
- Check in time is 30 minutes prior to first skate for registration.
- Players will receive a practice jersey (if they are registered in multiple camps through August, they will receive only one jersey, so please do not misplace or forget the jersey for future camps).
- Full equipment is mandatory. Player's will not be able to participate without proper equipment - no exceptions.
- NeckGuards are Mandatory - players without one will be removed from the ice.
- Mouthguard's are recommended, but optional
- Please have skates sharpened.
- Clearly mark your FIRST NAME on both the FRONT AND BACK of your helmet. This is very crucial so that the instructors can address your player by name.
- Water bottles are the responsibility of the participant and are highly recommended.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen property while attending the camp. Please keep an eye on your property and leave all valuables at home.
- It is the parents/child's responsibility to ensure skates are tied.
- If participating in a 1/2 day camp, no lunch or snacks are provided for skaters, please ensure you send snacks/lunch with your child each day.
- We would appreciate having players dressed and ready to go 5min prior to each ice session (skates tied and fully dressed with helmet on).
During the week your player(s) will be experiencing instruction from our staff and in return we ask for participation and effort from all players. Please be respectful and courteous to all the instructors, fellow students, arena staff, parents and family that will be in attendance all week.
If you have any questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Hurricane Hockey Club, Hurricane Academy, Hurricane Powerskating, and Hurricane Ringette carries full accident/liability insurance for its players and coaches during on-ice/off-ice skills/conditioning, practices, games and tournaments.
Flexible Payment Options We understand the cost of sport and would hate for that to get in the way, so feel free to contact us about flexible payment options. All payments are accepted through FrontOfficeHockey (Secure Credit Card. Additional fees apply)
Covid-19 Protocols/Policies We will have a rigorous Covid Policy, guidelines, and procedures in place that will be in line with the most recent AHS Guidelines, City of Calgary Protocols/Policies, Arena Protocols/Policies, and Government of Alberta Protocols/Policies. We will present these prior to the Spring based on the most up to date information we have.
COVID-19 Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Cancellation Policy If any Hurricane Hockey/Ringette camps are cancelled due to Covid-19 and/or arena closures that are out of our control, a refund will be applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days, minus a 10% admin fee to cover operating costs/third party online processing fees to date (FrontOffice Hockey/Stripe.com processing fees).
Participant Initiated SPRING Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until January 31st, 2021. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after January 31, 2021 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.
Participant Initiated SUMMER Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until May 31st, 2021. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after May 31st, 2021 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.