HOCKEY SPRING: HURRICANE HOCKEY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (HHDP)
We are opening up pre-registration for our 2023 SPRING HURRICANE HOCKEY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (HHDP).
Details of the program are below as well as the registration link.
15% discount code: EARLYBIRD15
Early Bird Ends November 15th @ 8pm
Hurricane Hockey Development Program (HHDP) was formed to provide a fun, yet competitive Spring Hockey experience. The HHDP will operate on set days at Seton YMCA, Frank McCool, Great Plains Rec Center, Lake Bonavista, or 7Chiefs. The program will be a perfect those players and families (U7 | U9 | U11 | U13) looking for a low-key, fun spring hockey program based on a fun-first, fair play approach to the game. The HHDP season begins April 13-May 28, 2022 (no long weekends). The goal of HHDP is for all players to experience hockey in a positive, no pressure atmosphere; to be encouraged to take risks and to try new things; and, most importantly, to gain greater confidence and skill on the ice.
Ice sessions will follow a progression of individual skill: tactical skating, edges/agility, battle, engagement, and compete levels of game play through small area games and full-ice 5on5
Players will be ability grouped for development and games.
- No Tryouts - No Long weekends
- April 13-May 28
- 12-14 hours of Development and Game Play
- 2017/18 & 2015/16 Half-Ice/cross-ice
- 2013/14 & 2011/12 Full-Ic
- Teams of 8-10 Skaters & 1 Goalie
- Two 1hr Sessions per week Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons and possibly 1 weeknight between 5-7pm
- Skills, Strategies, and Small Area Games lead by our professional skill coaches
- Players will be assigned to a team for the duration of the Spring (Friend request available)
- Players will receive a Sublimated Personalized Jersey and socks
- Additional Swag for purchase available in early January (see some samples below)
- U7: 2017/18 (Cross-Ice) $600/Player Goalies Free CLICK HERE TO REGISTER - REGISTRATION OPENS NOVEMBER 1st
- U9: 2015/16 Cross-Ice) $600/Player Goalies Free CLICK HERE TO REGISTER - REGISTRATION OPENS NOVEMBER 1st
- U11: 2013/14 (Full Ice Game Prep) $600/Player Goalies Free CLICK HERE TO REGISTER - REGISTRATION OPENS NOVEMBER 1st
- U13: 2011/12 (Full Ice Game Prep) $600/Player Goalies Free CLICK HERE TO REGISTER - REGISTRATION OPENS NOVEMBER 1st
- *please register in your birth year (we will determine if we move a player up if warranted)
- *Not a Learn to Skate program - perfect for those players looking to develop their skills to get to that next level!
If you have any questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Hurricane Hockey Club, Hurricane Academy, Hurricane Powerskating, and Hurricane Ringette carries full accident/liability insurance for its players and coaches during on-ice/off-ice skills/conditioning, practices, games and tournaments.
Flexible Payment Options We understand the cost of sport and would hate for that to get in the way, so feel free to contact us about flexible payment options. All payments are accepted through FrontOfficeHockey (Secure Credit Card. Additional fees apply)
Covid-19 Protocols/Policies We will have a rigorous Covid Policy, guidelines, and procedures in place that will be in line with the most recent AHS Guidelines, City of Calgary Protocols/Policies, Arena Protocols/Policies, and Government of Alberta Protocols/Policies. We will present these prior to the Spring based on the most up to date information we have.
COVID-19 Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Cancellation Policy If any Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camps or Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camps are cancelled due to Covid-19 and/or arena closures that are out of our control, a refund will be applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days, minus a 10% admin fee to cover operating costs/third party online processing fees to date (FrontOffice Hockey/Stripe.com processing fees). Any Jersey/Apparel ordered specific to the program will be deducted from the refund and can be picked up by the registrant (date, time, location TBD)
Participant Initiated SPRING Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until January 31st, 2023. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after January 31, 2023 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.
Participant Initiated SUMMER Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until May 31st, 2023. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after May 31st, 2023 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.