1. HURRICANE HOCKEY SPRING DEVELOPMENT - GIRLS ONLY
We have opened registration for our Spring Girls Hockey Development Programs. There will be NO TRYOUTS for these programs.
Details of the program: This is an individualized program that will run at an extremely high level of intensity pushing each player beyond their comfort zone. Ice sessions will follow a progression of individual skill: tactical skating, edges/agility, puck handing, battle, engagement, and compete levels of play. The main focus of the program will be on the development of each player's individual skill sets but also the application of skills through small area games.
- Head Instructor/Offence Kailey Curran - Assistant Coach Sait Trojans Women's Hockey Team, Calgary Fire Midget AA Assistant Coach, Edmonton Wolves Alberta Female Women's Hockey League, Sherwood Park Bantam AAA Coach, MacEwan University Women's Hockey Team, AAA Calgary Flyers Forward
- Defence Instructor Kira Dube - Calgary Fire Midget AA Assistant Coach, St. Francis Xavier University (AUS), Calgary Fire Midget AAA Alumni, AAA Calgary Flyers Forward
- Goaltending Instructor Mellissa Kunzelman - Goaltending Coach of the SAIT Women's Hockey Team (ACAC)NCAA Winsconson-Superior ALL-American/Team MVP; Calgary Fire Midget AA Goalie Coach
- Junior Instructors: Calgary Fire Midget U18AA/AAA Players
- Guest Instructors (4 Skill Academy Sessions Included - Offensive, Defensive, Skating, Goaltending)
- Offensive/Skating Specialist: Dean Seymour - Hockey Canada Skills Instructor, Sweeden1, NCAA, WHL;
- Offensive/Skating Specialist: Adrian Foster - AHL, Sweeden1, DEL;
- Offensive/Skills Specialist: Jamie Steer - NCAA, Alberta Cup Coach, OMH Bantam AAA Head Coach;
- Defensive/Skills Specialist: Micki Dupont - Hockey Canada Skills Instructor, NHL, SwissA, DEL, WHL);
- Defensive/Skills Specialist: Gord Baldwin - AHL, EIHL;
- Powerskating Specialist: Danielle Fujita Calgary Flames Technical Skating Coach
- Goaltending Specialist: World Pro Goaltending and/or GDI
- 16-20 hours of development April-May (8 week season - No Long Weekends)
- 12-14 Full-ice practices (2 ice sessions/week) Great Plains and/or Seton YMCA
- 4-6 Intersquad games included
- Certified/Qualified NCCP/Hockey Canada Coaches
- Players will receive a Reversible/Personalized Sublimated Jersey and socks
2007/08 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ($850 EarlyBird 20hrs)
2009/10 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ($650 EarlyBird 16hrs)
2011/12 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ($650 EarlyBird 16hrs)
COST OF PROGRAM
Inclusive of all practices, intersquad games, instructors, insurance, reversible/personalized sublimated jersey and socks. Intersquad games will consist of 2 lines of 5on5 each team and will be balanced appropriately.
*There is a 50% deposit option with Balance due November 30th
PRACTICES/INTERSQUAD GAMES (16-20hrs of Development)
The Spring Season will start after Spring Break and run to the end first week of June. Players will receive 12-14 hours of Skill Development, Small Area Games/Battle Drills with most sessions @ Seton YMCA on Saturday/Sunday Afternoons, with some @ Great Plains/City ice during the evenings Monday-Thursday. 4-6 Intersquad games included
Hurricane Hockey Club & Hurricane Powerskating carries full liability insurance for its players and coaches during practice, games and tournaments.
JERSEY AND APPAREL
Optional Apparel available for purchase: Hoodie, T-Shirt, Hat, Jogging Pants, Team Bag with number
If you have any questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Hurricane Hockey Club, Hurricane Academy, Hurricane Powerskating, and Hurricane Ringette carries full accident/liability insurance for its players and coaches during on-ice/off-ice skills/conditioning, practices, games and tournaments.
Flexible Payment Options We understand the cost of sport and would hate for that to get in the way, so feel free to contact us about flexible payment options. All payments are accepted through FrontOfficeHockey (Secure Credit Card. Additional fees apply)
Covid-19 Protocols/Policies We will have a rigorous Covid Policy, guidelines, and procedures in place that will be in line with the most recent AHS Guidelines, City of Calgary Protocols/Policies, Arena Protocols/Policies, and Government of Alberta Protocols/Policies. We will present these prior to the Spring based on the most up to date information we have.
COVID-19 Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Cancellation Policy If any Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camps or Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camps are cancelled due to Covid-19 and/or arena closures that are out of our control, a refund will be applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days, minus a 10% admin fee to cover operating costs/third party online processing fees to date (FrontOffice Hockey/Stripe.com processing fees).
Participant Initiated SPRING Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until January 31st, 2021. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after January 31, 2021 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.
Participant Initiated SUMMER Cancellation Policy Each Participant may cancel their Hurricane Summer Hockey/Ringette camp registration up until May 31st, 2021. Each individual cancelled camp is subject to a $60.00 administration fee per camp. Refunds are applied back to the original form of payment within 10 business days. Hurricane Spring Hockey/Ringette camp registrations cancelled by participants after May 31st, 2021 are not eligible for refunds or credits. No Exceptions.